Pride and COVID-19
Currently, we are all going through a period the likes of which we hope we will never have to experience again. Not only are these uncertain times, it's also a time of feel anxiety, uncertainty and loneliness.
This is why we would like to help you!
How to protect myself and others?
To protect yourself and others against the new coronavirus (Covid-19), you can apply the following measures to improve your personal hygiene:
- Stay at home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Use a new paper handkerchief each time and throw it away in a closed dustbin.
- No handkerchief? Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
What can I do to slow down the spread of the virus?
- Stay home as much as possible.
- Avoid holding hands, kissing, or cuddling.
- Be attentive to at-risk groups. These are persons over 65 years old, diabetics, persons with heart, lung or kidney diseases, persons with a weakened immune system, etc.
- Contact between children and the elderly is not recommended.
- Keep a safe distance from others (1.5 meters) when you are outside.
I’d like to help other people, what can I do?
Want to help other Brusselers during the Covid-19 crisis? Are you in need of help? Check out www.impactdays.co/brusselshelps.
UZ Brussel needs helping hands; any kind of help is much appreciated. Register as a volunteer at UZ Brussel.
The Foodbanks are looking for volunteers.
If you have experience in healthcare you can subscribe to Iriscare.
You can join ‘Vlaanderen helpt‘ on the website Vlaanderenvrijwilligt.
Within çavaria, you'll find tips and tricks for mental health on Lumi to help during the corona crisis. On çavaria's website, you will also find a webpage with tips for their associations, to help them continue there work during the crisis.
Do you have an idea to help others? Or no clue but you still want to help or you need help yourself? Check out the website of Coronassist.be.
Centre de Planning familial des FPS: in need of masks (chirurgical/medical) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Médecins du Monde Belgique: For Brussels and Hainaut, volunteers with a medical background are needed to take care of people in need of medical help (excluding people with Covid-19) and non-medical volunteers who are tasked with guiding and informing people at the consultation centres: email@example.com.
Shalom (Mouscron): distribution of food packages on the first and fourth Friday of each month: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Relais social urbain namurois: reinforcements (nurse/social worker profiles) to receive homeless people 24 hours a day in the place of confinement and ensure continuity of care. Availability during the day and/or night. Location: Namur. Contact: email@example.com